One of the questions I get a lot when people are doing the Daniel Fast is, "What do I make for my meals?" So I have put together some recipes to get you started.
Remember Drinks lots of water all day! :) Add some lemons, limes, or cucumbers for a little extra flavor!
The Ultimate Green Smoothie
(This is great for breakfast or a snack.)
1 1⁄2 cups water (the 1/2 cup can be almond or coconut milk)
2 large leaves kale, (do not use the stem unless you have a high powered blender)
3 large handfuls spinach
2 cups frozen mixed berries
1 scoop Organic Protein, any flavor (optional, I just like putting protein in mine)
In a high-speed blender, blend water, ice, and greens for 30 seconds. Add fruit, protein powder, and blend until smooth.
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 large onion
1 cup Carrots
1/2 bunch Celery
1 cup Green beans, frozen
1 Green bell pepper
1/2 head Green cabbage
1 Onion, large
1 tsp Oregano, dried
1/4 bunch Parsley,...
When you start doing a Daniel Fast it can seem like it is all about the food. What can you eat and what can't you eat, but a fast is supposed to be a spiritual journey. A fast is about getting yourself in spiritual order.
However, spending quality time with God can seem overwhelming and it shouldn't be. So we took the Lord's Prayer and the 7 parts and wrote out prayers for 21 Days. If you are new to praying it will give you words to say, just like when a child is learning to talk you give them words. And if you have been praying for a long time it will give you new words and enrich your prayer life.
The book is called To My Real Dad, a 21 Day Guide Through the Lord's Prayer.
God is our real Dad. He created us in our mother's womb. He made us wonderfully complex. He is our Real Dad and He gave us earthly parents to raise us.
Each day in the guide starts off with a short video. I...
January 6 through January 26, we started 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting. We are joining with hundreds of churches around the world. It is not too late to start.
Why Should We Fast?
Fasting helps to get us in spiritual order. Our body and soul, mind, will, and emotions, can get so loud it is hard to hear the Holy Spirit speaking to us. Fasting allows us to die to self and hear the Holy Spirit. Jesus also tells us that some things we can only know through prayer and fasting. I don't want to miss anything God wants to speak to me.
What Do You Fast?
There are many types of fasts but we are doing what is called a Daniel's Fast, it's where you cut out the meat, sweets, and bread. There is a list of foods below. But you can do a partial fast and cut out any types of food. You can cut out just sugar or fast foods or processed foods. This is not a Daniel Diet, however, you do cut out certain foods...
How can we end this year with a bang and launch into next year ready to go?
You need to do 2 things.
If you do these 2 things you will have closure to 2018 and be ready to start 2019 strong.
Are you ready? You will need to set aside a little bit of time, but it will be so worth it.
That's the key, remember. Go back through 2018 and remember what happened and what God did and the opportunities you had and the people you met.
In the Bible we see several examples of God reminding His people stop and remember before they moved on to the next place or the next season of life. And if God is the same yesterday, today and forever I think He still wants us to stop and remember the goodness of the Lord.
Go back through your calendar, look at your pictures and take a journey through 2018 remembering.
2. Give thanks.
That's the second key, give thanks. As you go back through 2018 give...
The definition of memory is - the power or process of reproducing or recalling what has been learned and retained especially through associative mechanisms.
Memories are important. They tell a story. It is something that God had the Israelites do so they would remember the goodness of God.
However, if we are not careful we will rush through the Christmas season and wake up on the 26th wishing we had done things different and full of regret. God wants you to be full of joy and remember the goodness of God and how He was glorified through you this season.
So here are 5 things you can do to get you thinking about how you can make a lasting memory.
1. Be intentional. Today decide what are some things you are going to do as a family or with friends. Examples would be to go to a Christmas Eve service, go see Christmas lights, read the Christmas story before you open presents or anything you can think of. If you don't plan ahead of time you...
Instead of sending out 4 blogs this week I am just doing one with about 5 things you can check out.
1. I AM ON TV. It's my moment!!! LOL! Ok seriously, Matt and I did film a commercial inviting people to C3, so go check it out. (click on graphic above to watch it) Be sure to look for it on TV.
2. About a week ago I did an Instagram Live on how to get things done, even things like working out. Sometimes we think we need an hour and when we don't have an hour we just give up. Do you have 10 minutes? Then use the 10 minutes. Listen to this quick leadership lesson that explains what am talking about.
3. Prayer & Fasting Coaching kicks off January 3 and I CANNOT WAIT TO DO THIS WITH YOU! I’m going to show you exactly what it takes to succeed with the Daniel’s Fast and how to start off the first of your year getting yourself in spiritual...
20 years Of Dreaming is now a reality through the EP Moving Mountains.
Some things I've learned about dreaming:
1. Sometimes when a dream seems so big you can’t put words to it. When the church first started we knew we wanted to be an influential church. A church that built up the body of Christ, encouraged people and raised up leaders. But we had no idea what that would look like. A dream is similar to when you first find out you're pregnant, you know a baby is in there, you just have no idea what all has to happen for it to be born.
2. Most of the time you will see somebody else’s dream happen and think, "why not me". But you keep trusting God and His process and keep being faithful where He has you because that dream is growing. Don't compare your dream with somebody else', God gives us our own unique dreams. Just like no two people are the same no two dreams are the...
Have you ever seen the kid who doesn't get what they want at the store and they throw a full-blown temper tantrum?
With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, we all want kids who are thankful and not materialistic but is that even possible? Yes, it is!
There was a scientific study done that you can read about here called How to Avoid Raising a Materialistic Child.
What's interesting is the Bible has been teaching how to avoid raising a materialistic child for thousands of years.
What has the Bible been teaching and what did the scientific study show? Gratitude will keep your child from being materialistic. As adults, thankfulness changes us too!
"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."1 Thessalonians 5:18
"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20
What do you do when things don't go like you expect?
When a project doesn't turn out how you thought?
When a relationship ends?
When you are let go from a job?
What do you do?
Unfortunately, so many people make it personal and they begin to speak negativity over themselves, not the situation. We can start to feel like we are not good enough instead of saying things on the project or relationship were not good. Or we start to speak that WE are less than instead of saying the project or job or situation was not a good fit. We start to believe that we are a failure instead of saying the project or relationship failed. If something doesn't turn out like we thought we can even start to feel shame or embarrassment, but that's because we have made it personal, we have made it a part of who we are. It's not who you are, and so you have to start declaring who you truly are.
You are a child of God, You are chosen, You are the head...
Did you know if you make little changes every day for the whole year when you look back at your life in 365 days you'll notice a big change?
Most of the time we just don't know where to start.
Here lately I have had people asking me about how to be healthy. I think in our world there's such bondage over our health and God wants us living in Freedom even in our health.
So I want to give you 5 things you can do this week to start making little changes that in the long run will lead to BIG results.
Are you ready?
1. Get up an hour earlier than you usually do and use that time for yourself.
A lot of people hit the snooze button sometimes for an hour. Science is showing that is it's not good for our mental clarity to wake ourselves up and then doze back off. So set your alarm, get up, have your quiet time and give God your day.
QUICK TIP: If you get up and go brush your teeth, it will help you wake up!
2. Workout for at least...