Healing and Weight LossNov 06, 2023
New here? Welcome! I'm Martha, and I'm here to help you on your weight loss journey through blogging, podcasts, and online teaching courses.
Do you need some help on your journey of faith and belief? These sermons can help!
I recently had the privilege to preach on the Miracle of Healing at HopeFront Church.
One of the areas I believe we need healing in is our health.
I remember when I was overweight, struggled with eczema, and had so many peri-menopausal symptoms, and I thought, "This does not feel like the abundant life." I asked God to heal my body from the eczema.
As He started me on the journey of my healing, I also lost weight, and so many of my peri-menopausal symptoms went away.
I think our weight and our health are places we do not ask for healing until it becomes a health crisis.
If you are like me, I thought it was my fault that I was overweight, or maybe I just thought it was how life goes, but for whatever reason, it is not something I prayed about or asked God to heal. (I did later on)
So what if we took our weight to God and asked Him what our ideal weight should be?
What if we asked the Holy Spirit to heal the parts of us that crave food, the part that overeats, or the part that eats when we are NOT hungry? What would happen?
I want to encourage you to listen to this sermon and ask God to heal you. Ask Him to heal the broken parts of you that run to food. And let me challenge you to start running to Him instead of food.
He is Jehovah Rapha, our healer, and He wants to heal you!
Here are some thought-provoking journal prompts for you to use when you are listening to the podcast:
1. Do you agree with Martha's belief that healing is a four-part process involving the heart, soul, mind, and body? Why or why not?
2. How can doubt hinder someone from receiving healing?
3. Martha emphasizes the importance of faith, even faith as small as a mustard seed. How does this concept challenge your own understanding of faith and healing?
4. How does reading and studying the miracles of Jesus in the Book of Mark impact your faith in healing?
5. Do you believe illnesses and diseases are a result of sin entering the world? Why or why not?
6. How does understanding Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for our healing impact your perspective on God's will for healing?
7. What role do you think community and surrounding oneself with people of faith plays in receiving healing?
8. Martha encourages listeners to bring God into their weight loss journey and seek His guidance. How can incorporating faith into your weight loss process impact your overall success and well-being?
P.S. Be sure to join my free Facebook community: Empowering Christian Women with a Holistic Mind-Body Transformation