February 28, 2020
Last week, I wrote a blog about our words, and even gave you a word test. If you didn't take it, you can do that now.
Just like me, many of you fell more into the negative column. So here are some more ways to develop your vocabulary to speak positive, life-giving words.
1. Write down the list of positive words or phrases and say them out-loud everyday. Condition yourself to say them!
2. Write them out. There is scientific research to show that we remember more when we write it down. It engages our body and our mind.
3. Start easy. In other words, start saying the new life-giving phrases to people that you don't know well. So really, this is going to be strangers or people you don't interact with a lot. People you are closest to will be the hardest. Why? Because they know you! When you change, it forces others to change and people don't like change.
Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes it permanent. So, you are going to have to practice speaking this new language called positive life-giving words. Do it awkward; do it afraid and one day it will be the New You!!
Three Interesting things that I wanted to share with you this week...
1. I have found an all natural laundry detergent that I love. MyGreenFills. I love the essential oils that they use, how clean the clothes get and how great they smell!
I also, appreciate how they are protecting the environment. MyGreenFills sends you a plastic bottle of the detergent the first time you order and future deliveries are in concentrated form so you are not wasting plastic bottles.
What you put on your skin is important and detergents and fabric softeners can cause skin issues. So, this is what our family uses.
2. I am starting another session of the Easy Slimdown Blueprint Program. So many people are learning how to eat the meals they love, escape the control of food and conquer the god of their stomach. They are losing weight, but better yet, keeping it off!
You can too! For more information go to Marthafry.com
3. Stay in the know. The company that I am a founding member of, Life Activated is coming out with some new products. I can't say what they are right now, but if you want to be one of the first to know, reply to this email and I will put you on the list. One thing I love about their current CBD is that it is clean, organic and uses a top carrier oil, MCT.
So if you are looking for an all natural product that helps with:
Memory 🧠 Mood💃🏻 Detox 💦 Focus 👁 Energy ⚡️ Joint Relief 💪🏼 Weight-Loss 🔥
Let me know, and I will get you more information in the next few weeks.
What's For Dinner?
Do you love Indian Food? I do! So today, I am sharing one of our family favorites.
Chicken Curry Ginger Stew
1 T olive oil
11⁄2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
4 t minced garlic
1 t kosher salt
1 t black pepper
2 T curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 T red curry paste, such as Thai House
16 thin sliced peeled fresh ginger
1 c chopped onion
1 cup peas
1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped (I use broccoli cabbage)
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook chicken 2 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker. Stir in milk, garlic, salt, pepper, curry powder, coriander, cumin and paste until paste dissolves. Fold in onion, ginger, peas and cabbage. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Garnish with cilantro.
ONE question for you...
What is something that you did or that happened to you that you thought would be bad, but it turned out to be good for you?
If no one has told you today, I think you are awesome!!