How can we end this year with a bang and launch into next year ready to go?
You need to do 2 things.
If you do these 2 things you will have closure to 2018 and be ready to start 2019 strong.
Are you ready? You will need to set aside a little bit of time, but it will be so worth it.
That's the key, remember. Go back through 2018 and remember what happened and what God did and the opportunities you had and the people you met.
In the Bible we see several examples of God reminding His people stop and remember before they moved on to the next place or the next season of life. And if God is the same yesterday, today and forever I think He still wants us to stop and remember the goodness of the Lord.
Go back through your calendar, look at your pictures and take a journey through 2018 remembering.
2. Give thanks.
That's the second key, give thanks. As you go back through 2018 give...
The definition of memory is - the power or process of reproducing or recalling what has been learned and retained especially through associative mechanisms.
Memories are important. They tell a story. It is something that God had the Israelites do so they would remember the goodness of God.
However, if we are not careful we will rush through the Christmas season and wake up on the 26th wishing we had done things different and full of regret. God wants you to be full of joy and remember the goodness of God and how He was glorified through you this season.
So here are 5 things you can do to get you thinking about how you can make a lasting memory.
1. Be intentional. Today decide what are some things you are going to do as a family or with friends. Examples would be to go to a Christmas Eve service, go see Christmas lights, read the Christmas story before you open presents or anything you can think of. If you don't plan ahead of time you...
Instead of sending out 4 blogs this week I am just doing one with about 5 things you can check out.
1. I AM ON TV. It's my moment!!! LOL! Ok seriously, Matt and I did film a commercial inviting people to C3, so go check it out. (click on graphic above to watch it) Be sure to look for it on TV.
2. About a week ago I did an Instagram Live on how to get things done, even things like working out. Sometimes we think we need an hour and when we don't have an hour we just give up. Do you have 10 minutes? Then use the 10 minutes. Listen to this quick leadership lesson that explains what am talking about.
3. Prayer & Fasting Coaching kicks off January 3 and I CANNOT WAIT TO DO THIS WITH YOU! I’m going to show you exactly what it takes to succeed with the Daniel’s Fast and how to start off the first of your year getting yourself in spiritual...
20 years Of Dreaming is now a reality through the EP Moving Mountains.
Some things I've learned about dreaming:
1. Sometimes when a dream seems so big you can’t put words to it. When the church first started we knew we wanted to be an influential church. A church that built up the body of Christ, encouraged people and raised up leaders. But we had no idea what that would look like. A dream is similar to when you first find out you're pregnant, you know a baby is in there, you just have no idea what all has to happen for it to be born.
2. Most of the time you will see somebody else’s dream happen and think, "why not me". But you keep trusting God and His process and keep being faithful where He has you because that dream is growing. Don't compare your dream with somebody else', God gives us our own unique dreams. Just like no two people are the same no two dreams are the...
Have you ever seen the kid who doesn't get what they want at the store and they throw a full-blown temper tantrum?
With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, we all want kids who are thankful and not materialistic but is that even possible? Yes, it is!
There was a scientific study done that you can read about here called How to Avoid Raising a Materialistic Child.
What's interesting is the Bible has been teaching how to avoid raising a materialistic child for thousands of years.
What has the Bible been teaching and what did the scientific study show? Gratitude will keep your child from being materialistic. As adults, thankfulness changes us too!
"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."1 Thessalonians 5:18
"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20
What do you do when things don't go like you expect?
When a project doesn't turn out how you thought?
When a relationship ends?
When you are let go from a job?
What do you do?
Unfortunately, so many people make it personal and they begin to speak negativity over themselves, not the situation. We can start to feel like we are not good enough instead of saying things on the project or relationship were not good. Or we start to speak that WE are less than instead of saying the project or job or situation was not a good fit. We start to believe that we are a failure instead of saying the project or relationship failed. If something doesn't turn out like we thought we can even start to feel shame or embarrassment, but that's because we have made it personal, we have made it a part of who we are. It's not who you are, and so you have to start declaring who you truly are.
You are a child of God, You are chosen, You are the head...
Did you know if you make little changes every day for the whole year when you look back at your life in 365 days you'll notice a big change?
Most of the time we just don't know where to start.
Here lately I have had people asking me about how to be healthy. I think in our world there's such bondage over our health and God wants us living in Freedom even in our health.
So I want to give you 5 things you can do this week to start making little changes that in the long run will lead to BIG results.
Are you ready?
1. Get up an hour earlier than you usually do and use that time for yourself.
A lot of people hit the snooze button sometimes for an hour. Science is showing that is it's not good for our mental clarity to wake ourselves up and then doze back off. So set your alarm, get up, have your quiet time and give God your day.
QUICK TIP: If you get up and go brush your teeth, it will help you wake up!
2. Workout for at least...
Yes, today, September 24 is my birthday. How old am I, you ask? I once heard Mary Kay say, "A women who will tell you her age will tell you anything." So you will have to keep guessing. :)
But I did want to reflect and tell you 5 things I learned this past year and 5 things I am looking forward to in the coming year.
1. Get A Life Coach! A year ago Matt and I got a personal Life Coach from Coachwell Pro and I also started group coaching with Kingdom Builders. Both with a different purpose and focus but both very beneficial. In places where I was stuck, they got me unstuck, helped dreams to become a reality, and have helped me do more than I thought I could.
2. Help Other People Grow. This year during our 21 Days of prayer I really wanted to help people connect with God and be able to spend an hour with Him and LOVE IT! In the Bible study Prayer Force, I learned how to pray the Lord's prayer in a practical everyday way and not...
Now that we're in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, I think back to what we were going through when we heard it was coming our way. Thankfully, we don't need a storm to choose faith over fear before, during, and after the storms.
When the hurricane is coming straight for your house with 75/100 miles an hour winds, People are already fighting over bottles of water and everyone's saying it's the worst Hurricane in 60 years, fear begins to arise.
I want to remind you to choose faith.
The 10 plagues didn’t come to Goshen where God’s people lived.
God provided manna and for the people to eat.
God filled up all the woman’s jars with oil and she never ran out.
Jesus fed the 5000 with a few fish and a few loaves.
Jesus spoke to the storm, Peace be still.
Miracles always came about where there was faith. Jesus couldn’t perform miracles because there wasn't enough faith in the town he was in.
So today choose Faith over Fear!
God is our...
I got to preach this weekend! Thank you, Matt Fry, for giving me the opportunity! I spoke on how to have a healthy heart from the passage of Psalms 119:112-114. I wanted to give you a recap of the sermon in hopes it will encourage you this week!
"I incline my heart to perform your statute forever, to the end. I hate the double-minded, but I love your law. You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word"
Incline means to act upon or orient in a different direction.
From the verse above, God showed me three habits that will help YOU have a healthy heart! Feel free to speak these points aloud to speak them into existence!
I incline my heart to perform Your statute forever. I set my heart to obey Your Word. I determine my heart will obey Your Word.
Forever to the end, I want lasting change. I don't want momentary change, I want lifetime change, I want generational change.
I hate the...